Thursday, July 14, 2011

Pacioretty Plays in Charity Game

Max Pacioretty, who earlier this summer broke hearts of Habs fans when he revealed that had the Canadiens beaten the Boston Bruins, he very likely would have been able to return in the second round, showed these words were more than a bluff as he participated in the annual Big Assist charity hockey game in Stamford, Connecticut last night.

Appropriately, the game raises money for the Obie Harrington-Howes Foundation which invests in research related to spinal cord injuries. Pacioretty played alongside Martin St. Louis and Matt Moulson on the winning White Team, while pro players on the Blue Team included Ryan Shannon and ex-NHL'er Jaime Sifers.

Full details on the game, including this quote from Pacioretty, "It felt ... I don't know, I guess it just felt weird. It was weird at first, but as the game went on I think I felt a little more comfortable, and I'm looking forward now to gaining some momentum off of that. I had a lot of time off since my injury, and now I'm just working on putting on muscle and trying to get as big and as fast as possible," can be found here:

A recap of the game in which Pacioretty's goal and several assists helped his side win 10-9 can be found here:

No comments: