Friday, October 7, 2011
Your Canadiens for October 7, 2011
Minor notes from practice a day after the Canadiens' loss to the Toronto Maple Leafs.
- Carey Price was not at practice today, while Mike Cammalleri left early, both affected by a flu bug. Fortunately, with no game Saturday night, they'll get an extra day to recuperate before playing in Winnipeg Sunday night.
- Defenseman Joe Callahan, who signed with Montreal earlier today, is currently on waivers and will report to the Hamilton Bulldogs once he clears, per Jacques Martin. He is simply a replacement for Jeff Woywitka.
- Yannick Weber practiced at forward on the fourth line once again, while Alexei Emelin slid into the injured Chris Campoli's spot on the blueline. Martin indicated he expects Emelin to play Sunday.
- Chris Campoli, who had looked pretty good since being signed to fill in on D. will be re-evaluated by doctors today for the hamstring injury he suffered last night. Though he left the building on crutches, it is believed the prognosis might be better than initially feared (which was for a 3+ week absence).
- Lars Eller has received medical clearance and hopes to play his first game next Thursday (home opener vs. Calgary) or Saturday (vs. Colorado).
- Blair Betts was absent from practice for the second consecutive day and there is no timeline for when he might play, but his injury is still said to be minor and unrelated to his history of shoulder problems (which he claims are behind him).
- Erik Cole, who played only 14:38 last night, found himself on the Tomas Plekanec line in practice, where he finished the opening game and where most Habs fans believe he belongs. Full lines today were:
Mike Cammalleri - Tomas Plekanec - Erik Cole
Max Pacioretty - Scott Gomez - Brian Gionta
Mathieu Darche - David Desharnais - Andrei Kostitsyn
Travis Moen - Andreas Engqvist - Yannick Weber
Hal Gill - P.K. Subban
Alexei Emelin - Josh Gorges
Jaroslav Spacek - Raphael Diaz